Our Innovation team is a real-world testing and building staff for new journalism tools, tech, storytelling methods, revenue ideas, engagement techniques and more. The Reynolds Journalism Institute is a space where newsrooms, industry leaders and innovation staff partner to prototype journalism innovations that will benefit newsrooms and journalists worldwide.
In addition to partnership projects, the innovation staff:
- Produces the series Innovation in Focus which explores emerging technology and storytelling methods for journalism
- Leads the annual RJI Student Competition where students work together on a project that tackles a challenge faced by the journalism industry
- Leads the RJI Fellowship program where journalists from all over the world develop their innovative projects with our resources
- Leads the Student Fellowship Program, placing students in newsrooms all over the country to work on innovative initiatives
- Created the Women in Journalism Workshop where female journalists gather annually for training and discussions around relevant issues
- Teaches at the Missouri School of Journalism
- Travels to teach and speak at conferences when requested
Interested in partnering with us?
Have an idea? Email to speak to us about partnering on a project: Kat Duncan, Director of Innovation: email@example.com