Our Innovation team is a real-world testing and building staff for new journalism tools, tech, storytelling methods, revenue ideas, engagement techniques and more. The Reynolds Journalism Institute is a space where newsrooms, industry leaders and innovation staff partner to prototype journalism innovations that will benefit newsrooms and journalists worldwide.
In addition to partnership projects, the innovation staff:
- Manages the annual RJI Student Competition where students across the country work together in teams on a project that tackles a challenge faced by the journalism industry
- Manages the RJI Fellowship program where journalists from all over the world develop their innovative projects with our resources and support
- Manages the Student Fellowship Program, placing students in newsrooms all over the country to work on innovative initiatives
- Founded and manages the Women in Journalism Workshop where female journalists from around the world gather annually for training and discussions around relevant issues and skills
- Manages guest columnists who write about issues at the intersection of journalism and innovation
- Manages the RJI funding for Faculty Research to take cutting edge research and find applied methods of testing and implementation that can benefit journalists and newsrooms
- Produces the series Innovation in Focus which explores emerging technology, tools and storytelling methods for journalism
- Teaches at the Missouri School of Journalism
- Travels to teach and speak at conferences when requested
Current partnership projects:
Interested in partnering with us?
Have an idea? Email to speak to us about partnering on a project: Kat Duncan, Director of Innovation: firstname.lastname@example.org